Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the general direction of the Public Works Supervisor, the Public Works Laborer II is responsible for heavy physical labor for the maintenance of City streets and rights-of-way, sidewalks, storm drainage systems, parks, water system, and sanitary sewer collection and treatment systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Works as part of the maintenance crew. Cleans streets and rights of way of general debris. Clean and sanitize restroom facilities, fixtures, and buildings. Cuts grass and trims shrubs, trees and other vegetation along street rights-of-way and in parks. Plant, water and maintain landscape areas.
* Patches streets and sidewalks with appropriate paving material, requiring extended periods of standing and walking.
* Cleans drainage facilities of debris; cleans out catch basins. Cleans sewer pumping stations, read and record pump data. This function requires climbing ladders, accessing manholes, and shoveling heavy waste material.
* Acts as a flagger to alert traffic and protect crew when required; sets up and picks up cones after work in the right-of-way.
* Read water meters, record data manually and electronically.
* Operate a variety of tools such as a jackhammer, tamper, lawn mower, mechanic and carpentry tools.
* Operates light utility vehicles, operates a dump truck to load and unload materials as required in some operations.
* Performs related work as required and other duties assigned.