Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the City Administrator, the Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for enforcing violations of municipal and property code regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Inspects building interiors, exteriors, fences, driveways, decks, and property for compliance with applicable municipal codes.
* Issues ordinance violation warnings, citations and court summons. Patrols assigned sector neighborhoods for code violations.
* Responds to complaints from residents regarding code violations; mediates disputes and resolves neighborhood problems regarding code violations.
* Answers phone and provides assistance and advice regarding codes; interprets codes and provides referrals to other personnel/agencies.
* Testifies in court as necessary.
* Prepares required reports, memos, notices and correspondence; completes weekly reports. Checks business licenses and occupancy permits and take appropriate action.
* Prepares court summons.
* On call at all times to evaluate and declare properties unfit due to fires and uninhabitable conditions.
* Performs related work as required and other duties assigned.