General Court Information
For information about court dates, traffic tickets or other court matters, contact the court office at 314-521-4339.
Please note: All calls should be directed to the court office between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Except on court days, the office closes at 1 p.m. Staff cannot be reached on court nights by telephone.
Ticket or Summons for an Ordinance Violation
If you receive a ticket or summons for an ordinance violation in the City of Dellwood you may:
- Pay your fine by mail in the form of a money order prior to designated court date if the fine amount is listed on the Violations Bureau Schedule. Mail your payment to: 1415 Chambers Road, Dellwood, MO 63135.
- Pay your fines in person anytime Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., except on court day when the hours are 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Dellwood Municipal Court prior to your designated court date and if the fine amount is listed on the Violation Bureau Schedule.
- Contest the ticket in Court at 10266 W. Florissant (Dellwood Recreation Center) on the date indicated at the top of your ticket. Court begins at 6 p.m., doors open at 5 p.m. (first come, first served basis).
- Make your money order payable to Dellwood Municipal Division. Do not send check or cash. Checks will be returned and a continuance date will not be given for payment.
- Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt for the fine paid or for return of a compliance letter or release order.
- A court appearance is required on any violation that resulted from on automobile accident.
- Some summonses and tickets require a court appearance in court. If your charge is not on the Violation Bureau Schedule, a court appearance may be required. The following violations require a court appearance either in accordance with state law or by the order of the Dellwood Municipal Judge:
- Driving While Intoxicated / Alcohol Related
- Driving While Suspended / Revoked
- Speeding 20 miles per hour or more over the speed limit
- Careless and Reckless driving
- Any traffic offense involving an accident, including No Proof of Insurance
- House Code Violation (fifth violation or more)
- Stealing, Assault, Drug or Alcohol Possession, Trespassing, Destruction of Property, Resisting Arrest. Peace Disturbance, Disorderly Conduct, Drug Related Offenses
Failure to appear on your court date or pay your fine beforehand may result in the issuance of a warrant.
Change of Address
This will need to be done in person with valid ID. Once the form is completed the Municipal Court will update the address in the court system, so any type of future mailings will be sent to the updated address provided to the court.
It is strongly encouraged that children are not brought into the Courtroom. If children must be in the Courtroom, they must be well-behaved, quite, and must not disturb Court.