CITY OF DELLWOOD, MISSOURI
1st READING___________ BILL NO. BL-2021-05
2nd READING___________ ORDINANCE NO. OR-05-2021
AN ORDINANCE RESTRICTING CERTAIN OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING
LINE OF ANY SINGLE-FAMILY DWELLING, MULTI-FAMILY DWELLING OR COMMERCIAL STRUCTURE.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF DELLWOOD, COUNTY
OF SAINT LOUIS, STATE OF MISSOURI, AS FOLLOWS:
No person shall be permitted to conduct outdoor cooking (i.e., barbeque), erect bounce houses, or place
swimming pools in front of the building line of any single-family dwelling, multi-family dwelling or commercial structure.
In the event that a residential dwelling does not have a rear yard, then outdoor activities of the above kind
shall be authorized on certain designated holidays, via permit only, subject to the following conditions:
1. No more than two (2) persons will be permitted to attend the barbecue unit or cooking apparatus per dwelling unit
2. The time in which these restrictions will be lifted is between the hours of 12:00 P.M. and 7:00 P.M. during
these designated days.
3. No alcoholic beverage may be visible within one hundred fifty (150) feet of the building line.
4. No loud music or other loud noises of any sort will be permitted.
5. Any food which is prepared under the guidelines of this Section shall not be consumed in front of the
the building line on the premises.
6. Barbecue units or cooking apparatus shall be of a moderate size for use intended to serve a nuclear
family unit with a few guests.
7. A permit must be obtained before engaging in any restricted activities covered by the section.\
The following are the designated holidays as they pertain to this Section.
New Year’s Day
Super Bowl Sunday
Martin Luther King Day
This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after the date of its passage.