GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation, the Recreation Coordinator provides technical support on a wide range of activities involving the operation of the Recreation Center. Duties include, but are not limited to, recruiting organizations to utilize the soccer arena, program development, operational support and special projects. This position also serves as Director of Parks and Recreation during his/her absence.
- Responsible for maximizing the utilization of the soccer area by recruiting organizations to rent this facility throughout the year.
- Provides technical support to the Director of Parks and Recreation in the development of a wide range of recreation programs and activities.
- Provides technical support to the Director of Parks and Recreation in marketing and coordination of special community events including concerts in the park and an annual community festival.
- Provides technical assistance in the preparation of grant applications for park and recreation improvements.
- Ensures all quality and safety standards are met daily.
- Assists in the preparation of the Park and Stormwater budget.
- Provides operational support for the municipal pool, concession stand and bar as needed.
- Provides office support and assists customers visiting the Recreation Center.
- Serves as Director of Parks and Recreation during the absence of the director.